[yocto] Python 3 internal package dependencies

Burton, Ross ross.burton at intel.com
Thu Jun 8 04:12:20 PDT 2017

On 8 June 2017 at 12:02, Alexander Kanavin <
alexander.kanavin at linux.intel.com> wrote:

> I'll bite: should we just drop the the splitting of Python modules into
> their own packages? In 2017, this is more trouble than it's worth, IMO.

Hard to say without data.  How big is the entire module set?  What
percentage of that goes into e.g. core-image-sato if the dependencies are
fixed so python3-modules doesn't get installed?  Are there just a few
modules that are large and a more maintainable split would be
minimal/everything (as Debian does, I believe)?

Ross