[yocto] Mpich and yocto ?

Riko Ho antonius.riko at gmail.com
Wed Jul 26 17:08:42 PDT 2017

Dear Yocto Team Member,

The cluster is using Ubuntu.
I haven't checked all the packages on the other computer. I will.

My goal is getting more hardrive space and compiling speed.

How can I relate bitbake with mpicc or other compilers needed by yocto
(arm-linux-gcc, gcc, etc)?

I have tested a small code with mpicc and the cluster do the job.

Thanks for the attention.

http://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/2.3/yocto-project-qs/yocto-project-qs.html

> What do you hope to achieve using bitbake?
>

>>> As far as I can see, MPICH is a userland library, basically. So it
would be the other way round, you could probably run a mpich application on
a number of nodes that run some OE/Poky thing.

>>> Greetz
>

> There is an mpich recipe here:
> http://layers.openembedded.org/layerindex/recipe/33348/
>
> but again, it's not clear what your ultimate goal is.
>
> ../Randy
>

>> --
>> *
>>

>> /*******/
>> Sent by Ubuntu LTS 16.04,
>> Kind regards,
>> Riko Ho
>> /*******/
>>
>> *
>>

> --
> # Randy MacLeod. SMTS, Linux, Wind River
> Direct: 613.963.1350 | 350 Terry Fox Drive, Suite 200, Ottawa, ON,
Canada, K2K 2W5