[yocto] Mpich and yocto ?

Randy MacLeod randy.macleod at windriver.com
Wed Jul 26 12:23:43 PDT 2017

On 2017-07-26 02:09 AM, Riko Ho wrote:
> How can we do that ?
>
> bitbake in which node ? I don't understand ?
>

> On 26/07/17 13:57, Josef Holzmayr wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> On 26.07.2017 05:12, Riko Ho wrote:
>>> Does anyone know on how to run poky on mpich cluster ?

That's a rather ambiguous question.

What OS/Distro is the mpich cluster running?
Have you installed the packages that are required on the host:
    see: "The Build Host Packages" here:

http://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/2.3/yocto-project-qs/yocto-project-qs.html

What do you hope to achieve using bitbake?

>> As far as I can see, MPICH is a userland library, basically. So it
>> would be the other way round, you could probably run a mpich
>> application on a number of nodes that run some OE/Poky thing.
>>
>> Greetz

There is an mpich recipe here:
http://layers.openembedded.org/layerindex/recipe/33348/

but again, it's not clear what your ultimate goal is.

../Randy

--
# Randy MacLeod. SMTS, Linux, Wind River
Direct: 613.963.1350 | 350 Terry Fox Drive, Suite 200, Ottawa, ON,