[yocto] How to build a same package twice with different configurations for same MACHINE?

Dennis Menschel menschel-d at posteo.de
Tue Jul 25 14:18:57 PDT 2017

Hi,

Am 18.07.2017 um 15:24 schrieb Ngọc Thi Huỳnh:
> [...]
>
> Both images use busybox package but in different ways. The main-image
> can use several busybox' tools but the initial-flasher-image only uses
> one or two of them just to complete the flashing goal.
>
> My question is, is there a way to build busybox for main-image with one
> defconfig, then build the busybox for initial-flasher-image with a
> different defconfig when I issue "bitbake initial-flasher-image" command?
>
> [...]
I'm not aware of such a feature in BitBake. As for your situation I'd
suggest creating a secondary recipe (e.g. "busybox-flasher") in your own
layer which includes the original busybox recipe and adapts its feature
set with a configuration fragment.

Example: busybox-flasher_1.24.1.bb

    require recipes-core/busybox/busybox_${PV}.bb
    SRC_URI += "file://flasher-options.cfg"

That way you can easily distinguish busybox and busybox-flasher in your
images and you can minimize the redundancies between the recipes.

Hope it helps!

Best regards,
Dennis Menschel