[yocto] How to build a same package twice with different configurations for same MACHINE?

Ngọc Thi Huỳnh so61pi.re at gmail.com
Tue Jul 18 06:24:09 PDT 2017

Hi everyone,

In my system, I want to build two images:
- main-image : contains the real system with applications and stuff.
- initial-flasher-image : contains a swu (swupdate file) for the first
flashing.

The images are built in this sequence: main-image > swu >
initial-flasher-image

Both images use busybox package but in different ways. The main-image can
use several busybox' tools but the initial-flasher-image only uses one or
two of them just to complete the flashing goal.

My question is, is there a way to build busybox for main-image with one
defconfig, then build the busybox for initial-flasher-image with a
different defconfig when I issue "bitbake initial-flasher-image" command?

Best Regards,
Thi Huynh