[yocto] NTPd is not synchronizing the system clock continuously, but at every startup/reload; running on QEMUx86-64

S.R.Sasi Kumar srsasi at yahoo.co.in
Mon Jul 17 06:41:31 PDT 2017

Greetings! I have installed Ubuntu 14.x on VirtualBox. I am building core-image-minimal for QEMU x86-64 using Krogoth branch. I created a sample application and able to run that simple application as expected. Next, I added ntpd_4.2.8p8 to the image. NTPd is updating system time at QEMU startup and whenever NTPd is reloaded, however it is not adjusting the drift in the system time continuously. The drift file is not getting created at the location specified in ntp.conf. I in fact, waited for several hours to see if drift file is getting created, and system time is synchronised. It does not work. Can I get some clue about it,