[yocto] Update SRCREV doesn't work?

Ngọc Thi Huỳnh so61pi.re at gmail.com
Tue Jul 4 09:13:32 PDT 2017

Hi everyone,

I'm using poky pyro to build a beaglebone image with swupdate.

First time I built swupdate (by bitbake swupdate), it used the latest git
version and I encountered an make error which related to swupdate only.

Then I changed swupdate version to 2017.04 (by using
PREFERRED_VERSION_swupdate = "2017.04") but the bitbake still used the
latest git version and I had the make error again.

But when I used devshell and changed the git revision to 2017.04 then
do_configure and do_compile, everything went fine.

My question is, is there a simple way to solve this problem?

*Note:*
The swupdate recipes for beaglebone that I'm using are from
https://github.com/sbabic/meta-swupdate

Content of swupdate_2017.04.bb:

> require swupdate.inc
>
> SRCREV = "d344ec10b71293d2aaf96816266d4e6ed1d3bf6a"

Content of swupdate_git.bb

> require swupdate.inc
>
> DEFAULT_PREFERENCE = "-1"

A snippet of swupdate.inc