[yocto] Is it possible NOT to split kernel modules in multiple packages

Prasant J pj0585 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 31 22:18:55 PST 2017

On Fri, Jan 27, 2017 at 7:18 AM, Khem Raj <raj.khem at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 1/25/17 11:29 PM, Prasant J wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm using Morty release to create my custom BSP package for cortex-a5
>> based processor.
>>
>> I'm using my own custom kernel recipe that inherits kernel.bbclass
>> (which inherits kernel-module-split.bbclass)
>>

>> All the modules are split in their own rpm packages. Is it possible
>> that  only one RPM package is created for all kernel modules and there
>> is no split?
>>

> I guess you want to include all the modules into your image. In that
> case you can add
>
> MACHINE_EXTRA_RRECOMMENDS += "kernel-modules"
>
> in your machine config.

@ Khem: Thanks for response!

Yes, I want to include all modules. ALSO (more importantly) I want
only one RPM for all modules. Instead of 50 or more rpms I would like
to have only 1 rpm which has all the kernel modules. Is it possible?

The reason I want this: I have my own GUI for system package
management for our end-users. I want to make it simple for them to
install newer modules by installing only 1 rpm.

Regards, Pj