[yocto] mips64 with 'seh' instruction?

Jason Cooper Jason.Cooper at attocore.com
Thu Jan 26 02:26:43 PST 2017

Folks,

I'm trying to build a mips64 toolchain and qemu runtime. I can build and
run code but if I link with a third-party library that contains the
'seh' assembly instruction the executable is killed with SIGILL Illegal
Instruction, when run with qemu.

If I run the program on the target it works fine. Looking at the
disassembly shows me that this is when qemu is trying to execute the
'seh' instruction. This is Krogoth 2.1.2 with:

MACHINE = "qemumips64"
TARGET_FPU = "soft"
DEFAULTTUNE = "mips64-nf"
TUNE_FEATURES = "n64 bigendian"

The 'seh' instruction was introduced in mips32 Release 2, I believe. I
tried a DEFAULTTUNE of "mips32r2" and a few others but they did not
help... or perhaps I should be looking at the qemu code?

Thanks

Jason