[yocto] Making header of out-of-tree module available

colin.helliwell at ln-systems.com colin.helliwell at ln-systems.com
Mon Jan 30 09:05:48 PST 2017

Thanks Daniel,

I’ve given that a try, but the header isn’t appearing (with ‘bitbake rfctrl’) anywhere but the module’s own workdir.

It’s recipe is

SUMMARY = " RF driver"

LICENSE = "GPLv2"

LIC_FILES_CHKSUM = "file://COPYING;md5=12f884d2ae1ff87c09e5b7ccc2c4ca7e"

inherit module

SRC_URI = "file://Makefile \

           file://rfctrl.c \

           file://rfctrl.h \

           file://COPYING \

          "

FILES_${PN}-dev = "/usr/include/rfctrl/linux/rfctrl.h"

S = "${WORKDIR}"

With a makefile:

obj-m := rfctrl.o

SRC := $(shell pwd)

all:

                $(MAKE) -C $(KERNEL_SRC) M=$(SRC)

modules_install:

                $(MAKE) -C $(KERNEL_SRC) M=$(SRC) modules_install

clean:

                rm -f *.o *~ core .depend .*.cmd *.ko *.mod.c

                rm -f Module.markers Module.symvers modules.order

                rm -rf .tmp_versions Modules.symvers