[yocto] Making header of out-of-tree module available

Daniel. danielhilst at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 08:46:11 PST 2017

You don't, you make your library depends on your driver, and not on kernel
exported headers. In my case I add the header to the -dev package and make
the library compilation depend on kernel module.

# kernel-module-foo.bb
FILES_${PN}-dev = "/usr/include/foo/linux/foo.h"

# libfoo.bb
DEPENDS = "kernel-module-foo"

Cheers

> I have a recipe which builds my own (out-of-tree) driver module – this
> packages/installs the module fine. (It’s recipe has “inherit module”).
>
> Now I’m writing a recipe to build a library which uses the driver. What’s
> needed to get the driver’s header file ‘exported’ so that it can be
> included by the library’s recipe?
>
> Thanks

*"Do or do not. There is no try"*
  *Yoda Master*