[yocto] [Openembedded-architecture] Layer index enhancements

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Wed Jan 18 11:50:03 PST 2017

On Wed, 18 Jan 2017 23:02:00 Paul Eggleton wrote:
> * We now pick up layer dependencies (and recommends) specified in the
> layer.conf, but only if they match the layer name - we don't handle
> collection names yet, so this won't currently work where the collection
> name doesn't match the layer name (e.g. oe-core, meta-oe...).

I was wrong about this - the collection name is collected and used in the
dependency resolution. New layers / branches should have this information
populated, however we haven't collected collection names for all of the
existing layers. I have just gone in and checked meta-oe and oe-core are set
up for master, morty, krogoth & jethro.

Cheers,
Paul

--