[yocto] kernel config fragments not applied

Schmitt, Richard Richard.Schmitt at commscope.com
Wed Jan 11 06:49:01 PST 2017

I think I have an apology to make.

My issue was that the config fragment I used (overlayfs.cfg) was:
CONFIG_OVERLAY_FS = yes

Note the spaces around the = sign.  With spaces, the setting is ignored.  When I changed the config fragment to:
CONFIG_OVERLAY_FS=yes
(without spaces), the setting took.

This was difficult to debug because there is no indication anywhere that the config fragment was bad.  There's not even notification anywhere that the config fragment tried to be applied.  So I assumed it wasn't even getting attempted.

Sorry for taking your time.  But thanks a lot for helping.  The fact that you had it working made me look even closer.

Rich