[yocto] how does one stay on top of YP security alerts?

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Tue Jan 10 12:51:55 PST 2017

On Tue, 10 Jan 2017 10:37:48 Bent Bisballe Nyeng wrote:
> I found the list initially through this page:
> https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Security where it is described as the
> security [at] yoctoprojct [dot] org being the discussion list and the yocto
> [dash] security [at] yoctoproject[dot] org being the security announcement
> list.

That's not what it says. What it does say is that yocto-security@ list is for
discussions about security patches, and security@ is for private notification
about security issues *to* several nominated individuals. There isn't an
announcement list I'm afraid.

> If the yocto [dash] security [at] yoctoproject[dot] org is in fact no longer
> active I think it is important that the wiki page is changed to reflect
> that to prevent potential dangerous misunderstandings in the future.

I'm not sure how you came to the conclusions you did - do you have any
suggestions on rewording?

I will say that the yocto-security@ list has been pretty quiet since it was
set up. Adding a few people on CC - are there any plans to make better use of
this list?

Cheers,
Paul

--