[yocto] how does one stay on top of YP security alerts?

Bent Bisballe Nyeng xbbn at mjolner.dk
Tue Jan 10 02:37:48 PST 2017

On 01/10/2017 11:29 AM, Burton, Ross wrote:

On 10 January 2017 at 10:01, Bent Bisballe Nyeng <xbbn at mjolner.dk<mailto:xbbn at mjolner.dk>> wrote:
So /is/ the yocto-security mailinglist considered "dead"? Or has there
simply not been any security issues for a while?

IIRC, yocto-security was more to discuss security issues, not an announcement of security related fixes.  If you care about security then you'll want notice for more than just what is in oe-core, so I suggest monitoring the CVE announcements directly.

Ross

I found the list initially through this page: https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Security where it is described as the security [at] yoctoprojct [dot] org being the discussion list and the yocto [dash] security [at] yoctoproject[dot] org being the security announcement list.

If the yocto [dash] security [at] yoctoproject[dot] org is in fact no longer active I think it is important that the wiki page is changed to reflect that to prevent potential dangerous misunderstandings in the future.

Kind regards
Bent Bisballe Nyeng