[yocto] Dependence from image type to image recipe

Viguera, Javier Javier.Viguera at digi.com
Mon Feb 20 07:41:26 PST 2017

Hello Andrea,

On 20/02/17 15:45, Andrea Adami wrote:

> Hello,
> I think you have just to adapt to the changes in oe-core [1]
>
>      -recovery-initramfs:do_rootfs \
>      +recovery-initramfs:do_image_complete \
>
> Cheers
> Andrea
>

> [1] http://cgit.openembedded.org/openembedded-core/commit/?id=59a5f596ca29b1eb8283706e3c60fbb39f9c2c23

That was indeed needed, but not enough in my case. But now I know why.

Seems that the new code to generate images, does split IMAGE_FSTYPES in a basetype and then coversions.

So for dependences the code is looking for IMAGE_DEPENDS_recovery (without \.ubifs), because it thinks the basetype is 'recovery' while I was coding the dependences in IMAGE_DEPENDS_recovery.ubifs.

Renaming my image type to recovery_ubifs and changing the dependence to 'do_image_complete' as you suggested fixes the problem.

Thanks for your help.

Javier Viguera