[yocto] Unable to read file uImage--ccimx6sbc-id129.dtb

Harshad Lele harshadlele1991 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 07:28:50 PST 2017

Hi All,

I am new to Yocto. I am trying to learn it by actually doing it. Thus my
doubt might be naive.

I am using Freescale's Connect Core iMX6 Single Board Computer - Version 1
with board ID - 129.

I have created distribution by doing

bitbake dey-image-qt

with following options in local.conf-
DISTRO_FEATURES_remove = "X11"
IMAGE_FEATURES_remove = "dey-qt"

as i don't need X11 support.

However, after successfully updating uboot, kernel and root file system
using tftp when I do 'boot' -
the kernel is booting from its legacy image and not with the image that I
have updated. It give following error -

=> boot
reading boot.scr
2042 bytes read in 19 ms (104.5 KiB/s)
## Executing script at 12000000
reading uImage-ccimx6sbc.bin
5181288 bytes read in 151 ms (32.7 MiB/s)
reading uImage--ccimx6sbc-id129.dtb
** Unable to read file uImage--ccimx6sbc-id129.dtb **
## Booting kernel from Legacy Image at 12000000 ...
Image Name: Linux-3.14.79-dey+gc4cef43
Image Type: ARM Linux Kernel Image (uncompressed)
Data Size: 5181224 Bytes = 4.9 MiB
Load Address: 10800000
Entry Point: 10800000
Verifying Checksum ... OK
No gpc device node -9, force to ldo-enable.
1.2G chip, increase VDDARM_IN/VDDSOC_IN

Any help regarding this would be appreciated.

Thanks and regards,
Harshad Lele.