[yocto] genericx86 vs qemux86

Takashi Matsuzawa tmatsuzawa at xevo.com
Fri Feb 3 19:59:47 PST 2017

Hello, thank you for your reply.

I wondered vmware or virtuaobox, etc. are doing something already so that the environment looks like a real PC.  You can run commercial OS like Windows on it and they are no particularly built for the emulation environment.

On the other hand, qemux86* builds are 'safe' version that means limitation in its performance (hardware acceleration, etc.)?

So, if virtualization platform provides what intel-core* builds expects, then I will see a better performance with them, rather thatn qemu* builds.
Or qemu* builds provide particular features that suites well with VM, other thna its 'safe' behavior?

That is my concern.