[yocto] wrong distro name in toolchain

Marek Słomiany marekslomiany at gmail.com
Tue Dec 19 01:42:19 PST 2017

About mixing branches - I have recreated the problem on new location to
check that the problem persist. Here is new setup:
BB_VERSION           = "1.36.0"
BUILD_SYS            = "x86_64-linux"
NATIVELSBSTRING      = "universal"
TARGET_SYS           = "arm-poky-linux-gnueabi"
MACHINE              = "am335x-evm"
DISTRO               = "poky"
DISTRO_VERSION       = "2.4.1"
TUNE_FEATURES        = "arm armv7a vfp thumb neon callconvention-hard"
TARGET_FPU           = "hard"
meta                 = "rocko:abec40e5ebc6f1b804cf698e365737224a57c41d"
meta-oe              = "rocko:6e3fc5b8d904d06e3aa77e9ec9968ab37a798188"
meta-et              = "rocko:abec40e5ebc6f1b804cf698e365737224a57c41d"
meta-ti              = "master:8fcd2f60720acf46555b45a1a48ad1fa0c52b75a"
meta-qt5             = "rocko:d87335a50a9dd35d890786edbd79b8953fdaa11a"
meta-poky
meta-yocto-bsp       = "rocko:abec40e5ebc6f1b804cf698e365737224a57c41d"

meta-poky is in rocko too - I don't know why it didn't show but I have
double checked it.
meta-ti does'nt have rocko, so it is in master.

This time, as I am using poky, after deploying and sourcing sdk I had to
copy ./sysroots/x86_64-pokysdk-linux/ to ./sysroots/x86_64-oesdk-linux/ so
it's basicly the same and it doesn't make difference if I build it with
"bitbake <image> -c populate_sdk" or "bitbake meta-toolchain-qt5" - result
is the same (not counting that second option doesn't give me additional
libs from my image).
Recipe with our own applications has same issue as on my previous setup.
As I have written - the problem is not in generated sdk that I use for
out-of-yocto build, but it is when I build my code within yocto with recipe
and image.
To answer your question about image - on my setup I have my own image
recipe, now on this test setup i used core-image-minimal with additional qt
packages added via local.conf file.

To sum up: There are two problems: first is when using generated sdk - the
problem is that in sdk subdirectories there is x86_64-pokysdk-linux, but
cmake is looking for x86_64-oesdk-linux. This can by bypassed copying
*pokysdk* to *oesdk*.
second problem is when building from recipe - it looks similar, but I can't
find proper directories to try out solution which I just described in first
problem.

I hope it is now clearer what my problem is.

Regards,
Marek

pon., 18 gru 2017 o 23:30 użytkownik Mirza Krak <mirza.krak at gmail.com>