[yocto] wrong distro name in toolchain

Mirza Krak mirza.krak at gmail.com
Mon Dec 18 14:30:34 PST 2017

> Hi, I'm having problem while building Qt application inside of yocto and
> using generated SDK.
> I have bypassed it when using generated SDK, which I describe here.
>
> My setup in short:
> I'm using for Qt this layer git://github.com/meta-qt5/meta-qt5.git in rocko
> branch
> beside Qt, other layers that might be important:
> meta-poky (rocko)
> meta-oe (morty)
> meta-python (morty)
> meta-networking (morty)
> meta-ti (morty)

First of, why are you mixing branches here? You should use the same
branch on all the layer for better chances for it to work
out-of-the-box. There have been a lot of changes to the "core" from
morty to rocko and trying to mix them probably raises some "extra"
problems that you would not normally get.

> The platform is am335x
> distro name is "etos"
>
> I had some problems with sdk (at first I added Qt to my build but
> applications were developped and build by my coleagues using external
> toolchains).
> Recently I've added recipes for those apps to my layer.
> To test if code I got from my team is building fine, I have generated SDK
> using "bitbake <image-name> -c populate_sdk" and deployed it in default path
> which is /opt/etos/1.0/. When I have sourced it and tried to configure I
> got:

What image did you build when you generated the SDK?

meta-qt5 seems to provide a recipe for a toolchain containing all the
Qt stuff including qmake [1].  Try that out if you haven't already by
simply running:

   bitbake meta-toolchain-qt5

[1]. https://github.com/meta-qt5/meta-qt5/blob/master/recipes-qt/meta/meta-toolchain-qt5.bb

--