[yocto] .kernel-meta/configs folder missing make linux-raspberrypi to fail

Gunnar Andersson gandersson at genivi.org
Fri Dec 15 05:09:11 PST 2017

On Thu, 2017-12-14 at 06:31 +0100, Zoran Stojsavljevic wrote:
> > Also is worth noting that I'm running Fedora 27 which wasn't tested...
>
> You should start from here your investigation, since you are on not tested
> YOCTO host distribution. And Fedoras are
> different from release to release, certainly!
>
> So either you should downgrade your fedora 27 to 26 (which I doubt it is
> possible), better to build brand new Fedora 26 using exactly the same
> packages.

Oh no, don't downgrade your distro. :-)

Docker is your friend for a repeatable and tested Yocto build environment
(In Fedora of course systemd-nspawn and other esoteric choices may exist).

We usually use & recommend easy-build project [1] (except for the CI system
build agents that needed a little bit more, and when I set that up I was
also more accustomed with using phusion/baseimage docker image over standard
Ubuntu).

If you find anything lacking, I'm sure it will accept pull requests - just
fork & extend in the meantime.  Honestly, it's quite trivial for anyone to
reproduce such Docker files, but Gianpaolo set up a structure and a project
here.  IMHO, we just need ANY canonical source for a base distro with an
official list of yocto/poky required packages ready to go, so why not use
this one & support it with any needed update?

HTH
- Gunnar

[1] https://github.com/gmacario/easy-build

--