[yocto] .kernel-meta/configs folder missing make linux-raspberrypi to fail

Paul Barker pbarker at toganlabs.com
Mon Dec 11 03:17:04 PST 2017

On Sun, Dec 10, 2017 at 5:14 PM, Daniel. <danielhilst at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> I'm building a vanilla image for MACHINE=raspberrypi3-64. I'm doing the
> build for the first time and faced an error at
> linux-raspberrypi:do_kernel_configme. I found that .kernel-meta/configs
> folder was missing, so I fired a devshell and created it. After that
> everything works as expected and linux-raspberrypi build fines.
>
> The solution I got is palliative, what would be the real solution and what
> is this .kernel-meta folder? I had never seem this folder before.

I have seen this issue occasionally when the do_kernel_configme task
is re-executed. A "bitbake virtual/kernel -c clean" has always
resolved this for me, allowing the next build to succeed. It doesn't
occur on my autobuild systems though so I figure it's an edge case I'm
hitting when building locally as I'm hacking around on recipes.

I've never seen this on the first build of the kernel though.

Which version of Yocto are you using? Could you send us the build
configuration summary and the full error messages printed by bitbake?

Thanks,

--
Paul Barker
Togán Labs Ltd