[yocto] Preventing a variable from being cached

Paul Knopf pauldotknopf at gmail.com
Thu Dec 7 12:22:02 PST 2017

I have all my meta-layers and build conf files checked into a single
repository (submodules for layers). I want a recipe to look at the git
repository, and place a file in the build. I'd like this repository to read
the HEAD, and decide if it needs to be rebuilt (to put new file in image)
based off of HEAD/branch location.