[yocto] Yocto Project Status WW49’17

Jolley, Stephen K stephen.k.jolley at intel.com
Mon Dec 4 07:43:20 PST 2017

Current Dev Position: YP 2.5 M1 development

Next Deadline: YP 2.5 M1 cut off of 12/4/17

SWAT team rotation: Todor -> Tracy on Dec. 1, 2017.

SWAT team rotation: Tracy -> Stephano on Dec. 8, 2017.

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Build_Failure_Swat_Team

Key Status/Updates:

·        The intermittent build failures appear to resolve when the autobuilder workers are rebooted. This is making reproduction hard but means we do at least have some kind of work around. One issue appears to be memory fragmentation related, the other appears to be some kind of bad kvm irqchip state which a reboot resolves.

·        Morty continues to have issues due to smart hangs which are as yet unresolved as well as issues running on the new autobuilder workers with newer compilers.

·        We have managed to merge patches however the last master build today shows 4 different failures, one from an upstream urls issue, one from the kvm memory fragmentation issue on fedora26, one possibly genuine sstate checksum selftest issue that has crept in somehow and a failure for upstream version checking in rpm.

·        This means we have a dilemma on what to do with M1 since the patch queue is still large. We have significant toolchain patches for example which have not merged but could have significant fallout. We will likely run further builds and decide on this in the next 24 hours.

Planned upcoming dot releases:

YP 2.2.3 (Morty) is planned and should be out in the next few weeks when the hang issue is solved.

YP 2.3.3 (Pyro) is planned, but date is still TBD.

YP 2.4.1 (Rocko) is planned, but date is still TBD.

Key YP 2.5 Dates are:

YP 2.5 M1 cut off of 12/4/17

YP 2.5 M1 release of 12/15/17

YP 2.5 M2 cut off of 1/15/18

YP 2.5 M2 release of 1/26/18

YP 2.5 M3 cut off of 2/19/18

YP 2.5 M3 release of 3/2/18

YP 2.5 M4 cut off of 4/2/18

YP 2.5 M4 release of 4/27/18

Tracking Metrics:

            WDD 2687 (last week 2700)

(https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/charts/combo.html)

Key Status Links for YP:

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Project_v2.5_Status

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_2.5_Schedule

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_2.5_Features

[If anyone has suggestions for other information you’d like to see on this weekly status update, let us know!]

Thanks,

Stephen K. Jolley
Yocto Project Program Manager
INTEL, MS JF1-255, 2111 N.E. 25th Avenue, Hillsboro, OR 97124
•   Work Telephone:        (503) 712-0534
•    Cell:                              (208) 244-4460
• Email:                            stephen.k.jolley at intel.com