[yocto] Yocto SDK: how to deploy application with step "make install" to target?

Jerry Lian jerry.lian at gmail.com
Fri Dec 1 07:15:46 PST 2017

Thanks Eric for your explanation!
* (I know I can build the app within yocto build, but sometimes I prefer
the SDK method outside yocto build.)
* So just copy manually? I thought there are some tricks  that I don't know.

Now I have follow-up question:
* It seems that "make install" will copy different files to different
folders
* Can I do like these:?
--- make
--- copy (via scp)
--- make install
* Or it needs to be:
--- make
--- make install
--- copy (via scp) -----then how do I know: what files to go which folder?
--- can you explain:
    "... you may supply a custom install prefix directory to configure."
--- how?

Thanks!