[yocto] Fwd: [DNF YOCTO clarifications] smart was replaced with dnf in Yocto 2.3

Zoran Stojsavljevic zoran.stojsavljevic at gmail.com
Tue Aug 29 12:38:42 PDT 2017

> For all future releases, forever?  Committing to that would be foolish.

Nothing is forever, you know this at the best. Seemed/seems that Canon Lake
(supposed to be Core 7, now it is Core 9. or Core 10, or One only knows...
You name it) supposed to be out in Q3 2016, but INTEL did not reach
yielding on 10nm EUV(L) yet... Even Moore's Law is not forever (which INTEL
committed to FOREVER)!? Committing to that (Moore's Law), would be foolish
(Present Time), after all. Don't you agree? ;-)

I have all the rights to make mistakes... In lieu of above written by
yourself! Don't you agree (after my comments)?

> We have no plans to move from DNF to something else.  Luckily Yocto is
open source so if in a few years time a stable and
> superior alternative to DNF appears and we move to it, you can continue
to maintain the DNF recipes yourself.

I must say, that here, in this paragraph, I read true Words of Wisdom. I
would like to thank you for that. :-)

Zoran
_______