[yocto] Fwd: [DNF YOCTO clarifications] smart was replaced with dnf in Yocto 2.3

Burton, Ross ross.burton at intel.com
Tue Aug 29 09:31:16 PDT 2017

On 24 August 2017 at 15:34, Zoran Stojsavljevic <
zoran.stojsavljevic at gmail.com> wrote:

> Do you agree to continue keeping DNF package (in
> .../meta/recipe_devtools/) for handling of .rpm type of packages in the
> future releases of YOCTO (it is, after all, much better and more mature
> tool that smartpm)?

For all future releases, forever?  Committing to that would be foolish.

We have no plans to move from DNF to something else.  Luckily Yocto is open
source so if in a few years time a stable and superior alternative to DNF
appears and we move to it, you can continue to maintain the DNF recipes
yourself.

Ross