[yocto] [meta-raspberrypi] Building rpi-test-image for Pi3 64 bit

Andrea Galbusera gizero at gmail.com
Sat Apr 29 00:40:52 PDT 2017

On Sat, Apr 29, 2017 at 2:39 AM, Luca Carlon <carlon.luca at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
> thank you very much for your advice. It seems I can build both a minimal
> image and rpi-basic-image. I would like to test to see if the Pi is able to
> boot with these images but it seems that the images directory does not
> contain any sdimg file. By reading https://github.com/agherzan/
> meta-raspberrypi and https://github.com/Nuand/bladeRF/wiki/Creating-Linux-
> based-Embedded-System-Images-with-Yocto it seems I should find a sdimg
> file to flash to the sdcard. I suppose this image file contains both the
> boot and rootfs partitions. But it seems I do not see this image at all,
> this is a list of what I can see in tmp/deploy/images/raspberrypi3-64:
> https://pastebin.com/8XsRHzUY. I see the rootfs filesystem that I can
> extract in a partition, but not the boot partition the Pi needs. Maybe I'm
> missing some line in the conf files?

If you are using the local.conf you previously posted, the line:

IMAGE_FSTYPES = "tar.xz"

is overriding default configuration from rpi-base.inc in meta-raspberrypi
which is:

IMAGE_FSTYPES ?= "tar.bz2 ext3 rpi-sdimg"

You can also consider using wic image format to generate a flashable image
(see Yocto documentation on how to do that).