[yocto] [RFC][meta-gplv2] layer priority and worth creating branch compatible with morty?

Martin Jansa martin.jansa at gmail.com
Mon Apr 24 07:28:39 PDT 2017

You're right, after fixing our tooling to correctly override
BBFILE_PRIORITY based on priorities in layer list I'm seeing such
issue.e.g. gstreamer failing with:

| autopoint: *** The AM_GNU_GETTEXT_VERSION declaration in your configure.ac
              file requires the infrastructure from gettext-0.17 but this
version               is older. Please upgrade to gettext-0.17 or newer.
| autopoint: *** Stop.
|
| autopoint failed
| WARNING: exit code 1 from a shell command.

and similar issues in apt, grub, netcf, rrdtool.

There is quite a few native BBCLASSEXTENDs in meta-gplv2:
OE @ ~/meta-gplv2 $ git grep BBCLASSEXTEND
recipes-core/gettext/gettext_0.16.1.bb:BBCLASSEXTEND = "native nativesdk"
recipes-core/readline/readline_5.2.bb:BBCLASSEXTEND = "native nativesdk"
recipes-devtools/elfutils/elfutils_0.148.bb:BBCLASSEXTEND = "native
nativesdk"
recipes-devtools/m4/m4_1.4.9.bb:BBCLASSEXTEND = "nativesdk"
recipes-devtools/mtools/mtools_3.9.9.bb:BBCLASSEXTEND = "native nativesdk"
recipes-extended/cpio/cpio_v2.inc:BBCLASSEXTEND = "native"
recipes-extended/findutils/findutils.inc:BBCLASSEXTEND = "native nativesdk"
recipes-extended/gperf/gperf.inc:BBCLASSEXTEND = "native"
recipes-extended/libidn/libidn_0.6.14.bb:BBCLASSEXTEND = "native nativesdk"
recipes-extended/tar/tar.inc:BBCLASSEXTEND = "native nativesdk"
recipes-extended/texinfo/texinfo_4.8.bb:BBCLASSEXTEND = "native"
recipes-support/gdbm/gdbm_1.8.3.bb:BBCLASSEXTEND = "native nativesdk"
recipes-support/nettle/nettle.inc:BBCLASSEXTEND = "native nativesdk"