[yocto] Patch failures

Bruce Ashfield bruce.ashfield at windriver.com
Wed Apr 19 09:24:11 PDT 2017

On 2017-04-17 2:18 AM, Paul D. DeRocco wrote:
>> From: Bruce Ashfield [mailto:bruce.ashfield at windriver.com]
>>
>> I can't say from what you've provided why the BSP description isn't
>> valid, but if the kernel recipe and layers are something I
>> can look at,
>> I can debug more.
>>
>> There were some changes between those releases that tweaked the kernel
>> meta-data processing .. and that could be the issue, but
>> again, I can't
>> say without seeing all the details.
>
> I've attached a zip containing the stuff I've added. It also includes the
> log file showing the patch errors. It also shows a log of a few thousand
> identical errors from grub-efi, having to do with a 32 vs 64 mismatch. In
> the past, my system has always booted via Syslinux, not Grub, so I don't
> know what changed between Fido and Morty, or if Syslinux doesn't support
> 64-bit booting. So there's another unrelated question.

I finally got a chance to look at the layers, and I can see that the
processing code would in fact pick/generate a generic board description
and that could lead you into the failures you are seeing.

I assume you are building for MACHINE="chroma-bsp" and the linux-yocto-rt
kernel recipe ?

If you can confirm the details, and anything else, I can mock up a
recipe space BSP description that should work.

Bruce