[yocto] Patch failures

Paul D. DeRocco pderocco at ix.netcom.com
Sun Apr 16 23:18:30 PDT 2017

> From: Bruce Ashfield [mailto:bruce.ashfield at windriver.com]
>
> I can't say from what you've provided why the BSP description isn't
> valid, but if the kernel recipe and layers are something I
> can look at,
> I can debug more.
>
> There were some changes between those releases that tweaked the kernel
> meta-data processing .. and that could be the issue, but
> again, I can't
> say without seeing all the details.

I've attached a zip containing the stuff I've added. It also includes the
log file showing the patch errors. It also shows a log of a few thousand
identical errors from grub-efi, having to do with a 32 vs 64 mismatch. In
the past, my system has always booted via Syslinux, not Grub, so I don't
know what changed between Fido and Morty, or if Syslinux doesn't support
64-bit booting. So there's another unrelated question.

The history is this: I originally developed this as a 32-bit OS under
Danny, then updated it with no problems to Fido. I wanted to try the x32
ABI, since the extra registers could be very useful (lots of SSE SIMD in
the application). Perhaps I should have first tried updating to Morty
without x32. I had to change some version numbers (the kernel, systemd,
Samba), and of course add the x32 tune. For Samba, I added a few layers
from OE.

--

Ciao,               Paul D. DeRocco
Paul                mailto:pderocco at ix.netcom.com