[yocto] Sub-directories from Git in SRC-URI

Khem Raj raj.khem at gmail.com
Tue Apr 11 09:37:52 PDT 2017

On Mon, Apr 10, 2017 at 11:24 PM, Eswaran Vinothkumar (BEG/PJ-IOT-EL)
<Vinothkumar.Eswaran at de.bosch.com> wrote:
> Hallo,
>

> May I now is it possible to include a sub-directory from git repo in the
> SRC_URI of bitbake recipe.
>

> Also in SRC_URI is it possible to include a directory instead of a single
> file?
>

> I know I could create a tar file of a directory and include it , but I would
> like to know is it possible to include directory as a SRC_URI.

if you have a setup where you checkout this component yourself e.g.
using android repo or gitsm to manage your yocto setup then you can
simply point your recipes to use file:// fetcher or even resort to
externalsrc to build in recipes where you point S to this common
directory for multiple recipes. I for one however like to defer the
fetching to bitbake in that case it will really fetch your component
once but will make copies locally for each component it builds. It may
not be as bad now a days with shared state and if the components are
not built so often its only a occasional thing.