[yocto] Sub-directories from Git in SRC-URI

Esponde, Joel Joel.Esponde at Honeywell.com
Tue Apr 11 00:57:57 PDT 2017

Hi,

Here is one way to manage this use case.
In the SRC_URI variable, you set the git repo access.
Now let's say that your sub-directory relative path is "src/myapp".
Son now you just have to add to your recipe this line:

S = "${WORKDIR}/git/src/myapp"

It is not optimized from a disk usage point of view (a full copy of the repo files is in ${WORKDIR}/git) but it works.

Regards,

Joël Esponde
Honeywell | Safety and Productivity Solutions

De : yocto-bounces at yoctoproject.org [mailto:yocto-bounces at yoctoproject.org] De la part de Eswaran Vinothkumar (BEG/PJ-IOT-EL)
Envoyé : mardi 11 avril 2017 08:25
À : yocto at yoctoproject.org
Objet : [yocto] Sub-directories from Git in SRC-URI

Hallo,

May I now is it possible to include a sub-directory from git repo in the SRC_URI of bitbake recipe.

Also in SRC_URI is it possible to include a directory instead of a single file?

I know I could create a tar file of a directory and include it , but I would like to know is it possible to include directory as a SRC_URI.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards

Vinothkumar Eswaran
BEG-PT/PJ-IOT1