[yocto] Getting recipe variables into config.m4 files

Mark T mtl1nuxd3v at gmail.com
Tue Apr 11 03:56:35 PDT 2017

Hi,

I'm building a PHP extension.  In the config.m4 file for the extension I
can add include and library paths as follows -

  PHP_ADD_INCLUDE(../../../../../../../sources/inc)  - works
  PHP_ADD_INCLUDE($PROJ_ROOT/sources/inc)  ** does not work
  PHP_ADD_INCLUDE(${PROJ_ROOT}/sources/inc)  ** does not work
  PHP_ADD_LIBRARY(stdc++, 1, MY_TEST_SHARED_LIBADD)

where $PROJ_ROOT is define in my .bbappend.  for the php recipe.

Its the include path that is not working with the variable - I just get
"-I/sources/inc" in the compile line. The relative path works but I'd like
to be able to tie the path to a variable I have control over.

Any ideas on how to achieve this ?

Cheers,
Mark