[yocto] Install rootfs.tar.bz2 to ${D}/home/root/

Mike Looijmans mike.looijmans at topic.nl
Wed Apr 5 04:51:20 PDT 2017

On 05-04-17 13:21, Maier, Chris wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I want to create a deployable SD card image. My board (beaglebone based) boots
> from SD card and runs a script which copies the rootfs.tar.bz2 to the flash
> memory.
>
> So how can I deploy a copy of the whole rootfs to ${D}/home/root?
>
> A rootfs in the rootfs, does that make sense?

I do it like this:

http://lists.openembedded.org/pipermail/openembedded-core/2017-April/135187.html

The idea is that you make a regular package that contains the tar.bz2 of the
image you want in flash and put that into the image for the SD card.

You cannot have the same image, since that would recursively include itself,
but you could make big-image.bb like this:

require small-image.bb
IMAGE_INSTALL += "big-project"

Kind regards,

Mike Looijmans