[yocto] meta-toradex: How to generate uImage* files ?

Karim ATIKI karim_atiki at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 22 06:35:22 PDT 2016

Hi all,

I have downloaded a sample linux image from the Toradex developers website to test on a Toradex Colibri T20 device. It worked fine.

Now I have generated a custom poky distribution (core-image-minimal) to deplkoy on the device.

However, the generated image is zImage format. Whereas it seems that uBoot is expecting uImage.

1) How do we inform Yocto to generate uImage instead of zImage ?

2) Therefore, I have deleted the tmp/deploy directory.

But right now, I'm unable to generate the distro again.

I tried many things:

bitbake -c clean core-image-minimal

bitbake -c cleanall core-image-minimal

bitbake core-image-minimal

Everything fails.

Is there a way to get things working again or should generate everythingh from scratch again ?

Z.