[yocto] QA Host Contamination in autotools/pkconfig based recipe

Burton, Ross ross.burton at intel.com
Fri Sep 16 06:33:59 PDT 2016

On 16 September 2016 at 13:40, Chris Trobridge <christrobridge at hotmail.com>
wrote:

> The install line in the makefile is "cp -af $(APP_LIBXX_FILES)
> $(DESTDIR)$(libdir)/", so I am at a bit of a loss as this should preserve
> ownership.

It does - the build happens as you (uid 1000) so the file gets installed as
1000.  This is why makefiles should generally use "install" instead, as
that will reset owner.  automake has built in support for this, otherwise
just patch out "cp" and use "install" instead.

Oh and:

inherit autotools pkgconfig

Just inherit autotools-brokensep instead.

Ross