[yocto] QA Host Contamination in autotools/pkconfig based recipe

Chris Trobridge christrobridge at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 16 05:40:35 PDT 2016

I raised this back in April but I am back on QA review and I did not manage to sort this at the time.

I have a recipe for pjproject that produces QA host contamination warnings for all the library files it installs:

pjproject: /pjproject/usr/lib/*.so.2 is owned by uid 1000, which is the same as the user running bitbake. This may be due to host contamination
pjproject: /pjproject-staticdev/usr/lib/*.a is owned by uid 1000, which is the same as the user running bitbake. This may be due to host contamination

The install line in the makefile is "cp -af $(APP_LIBXX_FILES) $(DESTDIR)$(libdir)/", so I am at a bit of a loss as this should preserve ownership.

I've included the recipe I am using.

Regards,
Chris

DESCRIPTION = "Open source SIP stack and media stack for presence, im/instant \
               messaging, and multimedia communication"
SECTION = "libs"
HOMEPAGE = "http://www.pjsip.org/"
LICENSE = "GPLv2"
LIC_FILES_CHKSUM = "file://COPYING;md5=b234ee4d69f5fce4486a80fdaf4a4263"

DEPENDS = "alsa-lib openssl"
RDEPENDS_${PN} = "util-linux-libuuid"

PARALLEL_MAKE = ""

SRC_URI = "http://www.pjsip.org/release/${PV}/pjproject-${PV}.tar.bz2 "
SRC_URI[md5sum] = "183f7144b9aa238884243c0fc52ece36"

S = "${WORKDIR}/pjproject-${PV}"

EXTRA_OECONF += "--enable-shared"

DEBUG_FLAGS = "-g -feliminate-unused-debug-types"

inherit autotools pkgconfig

do_configure_prepend() {
    LD=$CC
}