[yocto] BBMASK does not work

Takashi Matsuzawa tmatsuzawa at uievolution.com
Fri Sep 16 02:13:55 PDT 2016

Well, I tried adding debug lines to poky/bitbake/lib/bb/cooker.py, and I think what is happening is:

i) BSP has BBMASK = xxxx line.
ii) I add BBMASK_forcevariable = yyyy line to my local.conf
iii) If I check with -e option, I can see BBMASK variable is finally set to "yyyy"
iv) However, when cooker.py is run, matching bbmask file list with recipe paths, the original "xxxx" line is used for matching.

I feel, the recipe files matching is being done before BBMASK is finally set to "yyyy".  Instead, they are matches against "xxxx" it is the initial BBMASK value set by BSP.

This is fido, and jethro may be behave differently (since on jethro based build this seemed to work)?