[yocto] BBMASK does not work

Takashi Matsuzawa tmatsuzawa at uievolution.com
Thu Sep 15 20:08:43 PDT 2016

Hello, Yocto.
I am quite puzzled with this and spent a few hours today so far.
In case you have any comment or suggestion, it would be a great help.

I am trying to hide one of the xxxx.bbappend files from the tree, so that BB won't complain "ERROR: No recipes available for:" error.

I did add several forms of the lines for this in BBMASK variable, but somehow BB seems to find it and complain "ERROR: no recipes available for:".

e.g.

Fido based build tree.
Want to hide AAAA_1.2.3.bbappend since there is no AAAA_1.2.3.bb recipe in my tree.

BBMASK = ".*/AAAA_%.bbappend"
BBMASK = ".*/AAAA_1.2.3.bbappend"

I tried BBMASK_forcevariable, and "-e" option to make sure they are set in BBMASK.

I further tried to set ".*" to BBMASK (so that the error message will be changed and I can see BBMASK is working), but the error message is still the same.  It says there is no recipes for AAAA_1.2.3.bbappend.

(But, if I manually rename AAAA_1.2.3.bbappend to, say, AAAA_1.2.3.bbappendx, error message is gone.)

Well, what I can do to debug and diagnose why this is happening.
I believed BBMASK worked as expected, and I think the other build tree I have does not have this problem.

Deleting state cache does not seem to change anything..