[yocto] How do I "remove" my application from ROOTFS and add it to INITRD ?

Lars Larsen lars at visionweeding.com
Mon Oct 31 04:09:26 PDT 2016

I have a recipie that builds and work fine.

It producue a rootfs.img and an initrd, all nicely wrapped in bootable
ISO and hdd images

It all ends in rootfs.img , but I would like it to end in initrd.
(this would makes my update procedure towards costumers simpler, since
we only have handle distribution of the initrd file)

My main recipe uses IMAGE__INSTALL to add my application - that contains
a bunch of recipes for compiled modules, and a directory structure with
a number of scripts.

So after analyzing bootimg.bbclass I can see, that I need to add a
cpio.gz image of my application to get the INITRD variable, and remove
it from ROOTFS

But how do I achieve this, in a compatible manor ?

-Lars

--

Best Regards
Lars Larsen