[yocto] Manuals for ROOT LABELS INITRD and INITRD_IMAGE

Robert Yang liezhi.yang at windriver.com
Mon Oct 24 00:30:32 PDT 2016

Hi Scott,

We can find INITRD, INITRD_IMAGE, LABELS in this document:

http://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/2.2/ref-manual/ref-manual.html

For example LABELS:
http://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/2.2/ref-manual/ref-manual.html#var-LABELS

We need update all the ROOT LABELS INITRD and INITRD_IMAGE to the _VM or
_LIVE version as I sent in the email.

For ROOT, there is already ROOT_VM, but no ROOT_LIVE.

And we can also find them in documentation/ref-manual/ref-variables.xml and
documentation/ref-manual/ref-classes.xml (I assume that these xmls are the
sources of the web), for example:

$ grep INITRD documentation/* -r
documentation/ref-manual/ref-variables.xml:        <glossentry
id='var-INITRD'><glossterm>INITRD</glossterm>
documentation/ref-manual/ref-variables.xml:                INITRD[doc] =
"Indicates a list of filesystem images to concatenate and use as an initial RAM
disk (initrd)."
documentation/ref-manual/ref-variables.xml:                    The
<filename>INITRD</filename> variable is an optional
documentation/ref-manual/ref-variables.xml:        <glossentry
id='var-INITRD_IMAGE'><glossterm>INITRD_IMAGE</glossterm>
documentation/ref-manual/ref-variables.xml:                INITRD_IMAGE[doc] =
"When building a "live" bootable image (i.e. when IMAGE_FSTYPES contains
"live"), INITRD_IMAGE specifies the image recipe that should be built to provide
the initial RAM disk image."
documentation/ref-manual/ref-variables.xml:                    contains "live"),
<filename>INITRD_IMAGE</filename>
documentation/ref-manual/ref-classes.xml:                <link
documentation/ref-manual/ref-classes.xml:            <listitem><para><link

// Robert