[yocto] Conflict between multilib glibc and non-multlib glibc

Khem Raj raj.khem at gmail.com
Sun Oct 16 11:33:26 PDT 2016

> On Oct 11, 2016, at 4:53 PM, Stroz, Glenn <gstroz at qti.qualcomm.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> We have a project running an aarch64 compatible processor. For backward compatibility with some internal software packages, we’re using the armv7a-vfp machine type as a multilib lib32 variant. However, we have found that when attempting to install both lib32-glibc and glibc we encounter a file conflict in the root image.
>
> ERROR: Multilib check error: duplicate files /local/mnt/workspace2/gstroz/LE-UM-yocto2/poky/build/tmp-glibc/work/apq8096-oe-linux/machine-image/1.0-r0/multilib/lib32/usr/include/fpu_control.h /local/mnt/workspace2/gstroz/LE-UM-yocto2/poky/build/tmp-glibc/work/apq8096-oe-linux/machine- -image/1.0-r0/rootfs/usr/include/fpu_control.h is not the same
>
> This is because the fpu_control.h file varies based on the machine architecture (in this case armv7-vfp and aarch64). Is this a known bug? If so, what is the suggested solution? We would like to keep both 32 and 64 bit libraries if possible.

I think you are first one running into it. packaging part can be easily fixed by adding
oe_multilib_header fpu_control.h in do_install_append of glibc or some such

Once you do that you have to also ensure that the includes are happening properly based upon multilib
in packages.

however keep in mind that multibs were designed to run precompiled software not develop/compile
one app in different multilib as you are doing here thats why you see the error.