[yocto] Conflict between multilib glibc and non-multlib glibc

Stroz, Glenn gstroz at qti.qualcomm.com
Tue Oct 11 16:53:47 PDT 2016

Hi,

We have a project running an aarch64 compatible processor. For backward compatibility with some internal software packages, we're using the armv7a-vfp machine type as a multilib lib32 variant. However, we have found that when attempting to install both lib32-glibc and glibc we encounter a file conflict in the root image.

ERROR: Multilib check error: duplicate files /local/mnt/workspace2/gstroz/LE-UM-yocto2/poky/build/tmp-glibc/work/apq8096-oe-linux/machine-image/1.0-r0/multilib/lib32/usr/include/fpu_control.h /local/mnt/workspace2/gstroz/LE-UM-yocto2/poky/build/tmp-glibc/work/apq8096-oe-linux/machine- -image/1.0-r0/rootfs/usr/include/fpu_control.h is not the same

This is because the fpu_control.h file varies based on the machine architecture (in this case armv7-vfp and aarch64). Is this a known bug? If so, what is the suggested solution? We would like to keep both 32 and 64 bit libraries if possible.

-Glenn