[yocto] yocto - linaro's lava integration

alfonso alfonso.ros-dos-santos at evosoft.com
Thu Oct 13 00:59:28 PDT 2016

Hi Mark,

thanks a lot for replying to my message. On the last few days I managed
to find the missing key of the puzzle on some lava slides on the
internet. In fact you can boot and test an image having the kernel and
fs separately.

here is the job description:

device_type: qemu
job_name: qemu-x86-test

timeouts:
   job:
     minutes: 6
   action:
     minutes: 2
priority: medium
visibility: public

context:
   arch: i386

actions:
- deploy:
     timeout:
       minutes: 3
     to: tmpfs
     images:
         kernel:
           image_arg: -kernel {kernel} -append "console=ttyS0
root=/dev/vda rw"
           url: file:///opt/image/kernel.bin
         rootfs:
           image_arg: -drive format=raw,file={rootfs},if=virtio
           url: file:///opt/image/fs.ext4
     os: debian
     root_partition: 1

- boot:
     method: qemu
     timeout:
       minutes: 2
     media: tmpfs
     prompts:
     - "root at debian:"
     auto_login:
       login_prompt: "login:"
       username: root

it is as you say, quite intuitive but i had some trouble finding the
proper description of this job definition. Now I am focus on how to set
up the integration process, how to submit the job after the building
process have been triggered in the git repo and so on.

Its actually easy once you find the pieces of information that you need.

Thanks again and let's see how it goes :P

Best,

Alfonso