[yocto] What source is included in sstate hash, how to change?

Vuille, Martin (Martin) vmartin at avaya.com
Mon Nov 28 07:02:15 PST 2016

I have a custom recipe for building some peculiarly-structured code:
the Makefile is compiling source from ${S}/.. (i.e., parent directory of
the ${S} directory).

It seems (not 100% sure of this, sstate is still "magic" to me) that the sstate
hash only includes the files in ${S} (which is reasonable). Consequently,
when something in ${S}/.. changes, the fetch step is not redone.

Is there a way to tell sstate to include ${S}/.. in the source hash?

Or am I completely off-track?

MV