[yocto] Problem imaging a hard drive

Ronald Oakes ron at ron-oakes.us
Fri Nov 25 10:44:00 PST 2016

I've been trying to use the directions at
https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/How_do_I#Q:_How_do_I_put_Yocto_on_a_hard_drive.3F
to create a boot drive based on my build.

However, I keep ending up with my root being at /media/ads/, with two big
issues: my static IP address isn't assigned, and my path is messed up
leaving my applications not on it by default.

The one main difference from the directions is that I'm using grub2-install
instead of grub-install. This is because I'm using a current RedHat system
for development due to a requirement of my client.

I will note that at least one of my added kernel modules is being loaded,
since I can see related messages in the console/demesg log.

Ron Oakes