[yocto] populate_sdk_ext: Unable to locate package nativesdk-buildtools-perl-dummy

Michel D'HOOGE michel.dhooge at free.fr
Wed Nov 23 23:50:28 PST 2016

Hi Paul,

I'm still investigating the whole thing because nothing works so far!
The SDK I managed to produce didn't install, and now I can't even
produce an SDK anymore :'-(

I chose Debian PM because this is what I already know and thought
it would be easier than to learn about the RPM world.
Not sure it was my best move ;-)

During the install, the error was:
ERROR: e2fsprogs-native-1.43-r1 do_populate_sysroot_setscene:
 Error executing a python function in exec_python_func() autogenerated:
[...]
File: '/mnt/Yocto/sdk/greenfeed/layers/poky/meta/lib/oe/qa.py', lineno: 102, function: getWord
     0101:    def getWord(self, offset):
 *** 0102:        return struct.unpack_from(self.sex+"i", self.data, offset)[0]
Exception: struct.error: unpack_from requires a buffer of at least 4 bytes

And now, the build fails with:
Exception: FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory:
'/mnt/Yocto/build/tmp/sysroots/vtc7110/locked-sigs/locked-sigs-extsdk-toolchain.inc'
ERROR: image-greenfeed-0.1-r0 do_populate_sdk_ext: Function failed: copy_buildsystem

This is just FYI, I'm still working on it...
I'll try the devpyshell for the 1st time!

> OK, so it may only be working by chance then - if you did have the
> nativesdk-perl package built then I suspect you'd find it would get installed.
> I'm puzzled as to why it hasn't been built though, since it is a
> dependency of
> some of the other items we do include in buildtools (notably git) and
> does get built when you use rpm as the backend, last I checked anyway.

Well, a lot of nativesdk-perl packages exist, but I didn't see them
in the manifest.

Be back soon
Michel