[yocto] [raspberrypi] raspi3 vs raspi2

Khem Raj raj.khem at gmail.com
Sun Nov 20 11:28:48 PST 2016

Herve

On Sun, Nov 20, 2016 at 12:00 AM, Herve Jourdain <herve.jourdain at neuf.fr> wrote:
> Hi Khem, Trevor,
>
> I've submitted part of it yesterday, the rest should come out today
> hopefully.
> The 2 machine types - raspberrypi3 and raspberrypi3-64 - have been submitted
> to yocto/meta-raspberrypi.
> They will need tune-cortexa53.inc - I've sent a version to oe-core, but I
> got it wrong again, so I will resend it hopefully again, along with a
> modified version of arch-armv8.inc.

I gave a whirl at building and looking closely at them. As it seems
the OE core patch is
not needed since for armv8 we want to keep it like x86 ( common )
I have therefore made changes to your patches and staged them here.

https://github.com/kraj/meta-raspberrypi/commits/kraj/master

Which should work without any change in OE-Core, secondly I have
further divided them
and also fixed 4.8 to compile arm64.

> I have some patches to support 64bits on Raspberrypi3 that should be pushed
> -hopefully - today. They're on 4.7.10, though.

I think it will be better to rebase them to 4.8 and eventually 4.9 if
they are not too intrusive.