[yocto] Is There a Package Limit to use of Smart / RPM?

Darcy Watkins dwatkins at sierrawireless.com
Sat May 28 12:16:52 PDT 2016

Hi,

In my project, we have exceeded 700 packages and have run into numerous issues using smart with rpm handling large transactions on the target (e.g. update from a non-PR service build to a PR-service build resulting in all RPMs being updated, though most are just version/release 'bumped' by the PR service).

Before I dig too deep, I figured I would see if anyone recognizes this signature as a known issue.

1.  Are there any hard coded limits to number of packages that can be handled in a smart/rpm transaction?  (Particularly around 700)?
2.  Are there known issues related to when 'smart' updates itself and/or 'rpm'?

Daisy branch
Layerscape (ARM) architecture
Kernel 3.19 (yocto-linux + BSP patches)
Installing on ext3 rootfs
Building on CentOS7

All appeared to work fine until recently when a bunch of added kernel modules and other firmware packages were added, which makes me wonder about a magic limit of 700.

Thanks in advance for your insights.

Regards,

Darcy

Darcy Watkins :: Staff Engineer, Firmware

SIERRA WIRELESS
Direct +1 604 233 7989 :: Fax +1 604 231 1109 :: Main +1 604 231 1100
13811 Wireless Way :: Richmond, BC Canada V6V 3A4
[M1]
dwatkins at sierrawireless.com :: www.sierrawireless.com :: www.inmotiontechnology.com